If you haven't signed up for fall clean up services, it's time to dust off your rake. Other than removing all the leaves, what else should be on your checklist?
- Winterize your lawn - Think of skipping this step as like sending a bear into hibernation without any stored fat! I'll discuss more on this next month.
- Watering shouldn't stop. If you have recently planted or potted plants, continue to water them. The easiest rule of thumb here is to water until you have to shut off the spigot for the winter.
- As mentioned in previous posts Thatch & Aerate.
- Cut back and divide. Fall is a great time to tackle division of grasses, hosta, day lily, and other overcrowded plants.
- Lower your mowing deck again for a slightly lower cut.
- There's still time for fall planting as well.